Are you looking for an idea of what to do with your special someone on a date night? Why not do something a little different and enjoy an arts and crafts night together? Whether it is one of your first dates or you have been together for a while, it’s important to keep things interesting by doing fun activities together. When you do something a little different than the ordinary dinner and a movie, you will create a spark between you, go outside of your comfort zone, learn something new and have a lot of fun.
There are many things that you can do on your creative date night, but one of the best ideas is to do arts and crafts together. You can set up some arts and crafts materials and papercraft supplies, get a bottle of wine, put some music on and then chat as you work on a creative project together. Making arts and crafts is a lot of fun (especially if you are both the creative type) and this date night can be a great evening together.
Working on a creative project releases chemicals in your brain that make you happy, which is great for your relationship. Also, you will be creative memories and keeping things interesting, as well as learning new things about each other. Why not plan a special arts and crafts date night with your sweetheart this weekend?
Date Night Craft Project Ideas
So what kind of projects can you work on together for your date night? There are so many different craft ideas you can do, so take a look at crafting videos and tutorials on the internet. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A scrapbook of photos that tells the story of your relationship, from how you met to all the things you have done together, up to the present day. It can even include scraps such as ticket stubs and notes you have written to each other.
- Decorative photo frames that you can use around the house to display your photos.
- Homemade candles in your favourite scent.
- Christmas tree decorations that you can hang on your tree every year to remind you of fun and romantic moments.
- Make some special jewellery such as matching friendship bracelets or pendants that you can both weather.
- You can draw a comic book that tells the story of a funny moment in your relationship, or the day that you met.
- Make a “bad day” box. Fill it with love notes, funny jokes and sweet little gifts. When you are having a fight or a bad day, you can look in the box for something to cheer you up.
- Draw or paint portraits of each other! This can be a lot of fun and the final portraits can look great when hung up together.
- Make a puzzle out of a photograph of the two of you together. Once the puzzle is made you can also have some fun putting it together again.
- Make some decorations for your house, such as personalised pillows, wall hangings, painted mugs, vases or other things such as this. You can make the home that you share together a little bit more personalised and special.
- If there is a holiday coming up, like Christmas or Easter or Halloween, you can make decorations or cards to send to your friends and family.
- Or, you don’t have to have an idea for a specific craft in mind at all. Simply gather together the materials and start making whatever comes to mind. Let your imagination run wild and create something fun and one of a kind.
Have Some Fun with It!
The thing about having an arts and crafts date night is that your final finished crafts don’t have to be perfect. If either of you isn’t the greatest artist of all time, that really doesn’t matter. The most important thing is that you enjoyed making something together and that you had fun. Be playful, experiment, try different techniques and new craft suppliesand don’t get too caught up in worrying about the finished product. As long as you are laughing and enjoying your time together, that’s what is really important.