Having a car entails being responsible for it, as we all know. But if you’re already a car enthusiast, then taking care of it should be a breeze. There is, however, a proper way to care for your car, especially if you have a beauty like the Mazda Miata MX5. Taking care of your MX5 takes some special knowledge, particularly when it comes to its soft top. Here’s the best way to clean and care for your Mazda Miata MX5.
General Cleaning of the Car’s Body
For the general cleaning of your car’s body, know this: taking it to an automatic car wash will end up damaging its paint job in the long run. It’s much better to have it washed by hand. With this in mind, the old-fashioned do-it-yourself method is still the best way to keep your MX5 clean, shiny, and spotless.
Some tips to remember:
- When cleaning your Mazda Miata MX5, try not to do it directly under a hot sun. The hot rays can easily dry up the soap on your car, which can result in stains on the surface.
- Do not use home cleaning soaps. This includes dishwashing liquids, hand soaps, and the like. These cleaning products are simply not designed for washing cars, so the product will likely strip away your car’s wax and ultimately make the paint dull. Make sure to always use specially-made car wash soap.
- When wiping your car’s body, don’t use ‘normal’ cloth such as an old towel or cotton cloth. It’s always better to use a microfibre cloth so it can efficiently remove all the grime and dirt particles that stick to your car.
- Don’t clean your entire MX5 at once. Do it in sections. Pick a section first (starting from the top) and then slowly move downwards. This way, one section won’t begin drying up before you’re finished with another. When picking a section, soap it and wash off the soap, then move on to the next one.
- Don’t wait too long before washing your MX5. In fact, the experts say that you should wash your car every two to three weeks. Even if your car doesn’t look dusty or dirty, you should still wash it at the prescribed time.
Cleaning your MX5’s Soft Top
Cleaning your Mazda Miata MX5’s soft top takes some special care as well. Fill a bucket first with water, and then put a bit of car wash soap on a sponge so you can scrub the dirt away. Once this is done, rinse the top with a spray bottle filled with water and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. It’s important to use the right cleaning products, especially for the rubber seals. Always buy quality; your car deserves it, as confirmed by Mazda Miata MX5 experts from MX5city.com.